I suggest you ...

Use FileMerge to Resolve Conflicts

Your FileMerge menu items, when trying to compare conflicts, isn't useful. To make it much more useful, you'd need to be able to compare the latest changes against the head in the repo. That way you could use the nice arrows to select which side you like (or both). It's already there in FileMerge. Even better would be a menu option called "Resolve using FileMerge", which would do the above, but have FileMerge save the resulting merged file in the right place and complete the resolve. CodeWarrior did this 12 years ago... ;)

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gary Makin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better still, support Beyond Compare as it now has a Mac beta version. If you haven't seen its conflict resolution, I recommend you have a look at it. (Not a company rep, just someone who really wants to be able to use it to resolve SVN conflicts on my Mac.)

• Berik Visschers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using Cornerstone for months now, and with every merge I'm looking for the three-way merge mode. Why does it not exists?

Every mac comes with filemerge. A "Merge with FileMerge" button that opens FileMerge with the left and right files would already be great help.

Better still would be to port Meld: http://meld.sourceforge.net/ to provide a three-way merge.

This suggestion for a useful feature has been made over a year ago, this is a paid product, so take the little effort to improve the software.

• Marcelo Oliveira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple option to launch a external 3-way merge to solve a file conflict should be a no brainer, currently I have to manually open the 3 files in the external tool.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Araxis Merge, so allowing a variety of external merge tools would be even better.

• Tai Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still nothing? I'm surprised and disappointed that this was not included in Cornerstone 2.

• Tai Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add an option to resolve conflicts with FileMerge by opening "mine" as "left", "theirs" (HEAD) as "right", BASE as "ancestor" and "working version" as "merged".

Feedback and Knowledge Base