I suggest you ...

add Git support

I would like to use Cornerstone with Git. I use SVN at work, for all my personal projects I moved to Git.

847 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    liyanage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The features of Cornerstone is what people are looking for. Not combining a Git tool in with the SVN tool. Please Zennaware create a Git toll with the features that you including into Cornerstone. Many people are moving to Git, as an option or by force, and a really great UI tool would make life so much better. It also cant hurt Zennaware sales to have a tool that supports both repository types.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm switching to GIT today.. well our whole office is... we used Cornerstone and love it but without GIT support we need to part our ways. We love Cornerstone UI / UX ... please consider creating Cornerstone GIT version

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to use Cornerstone, but we switched to git about 5 or more years ago. I use Tower, and SourceTree, both pale in comparison to what Cornerstone used to be.

I recently found the cornerstone app in my Applications folder and launched it for nostalgic reasons. I saw there was a V3 out, and then wondered if there was git support.. sadly, no. Found this thread, and just had to add my 3 votes! The developer(s) of Cornerstone have done a great job from a UI perspective, and doing that for a GIT client would just be nice.

I might anger a handful of SVN die-hards, but, from literally everything I see, SVN is pretty much "deprecated".. GIT is where it's at, and has been for a long time. Porting Cornerstone, or making a cornerstone "git" version would be a very good business decision. You will certainly pick up customers, so, unless the development task is just prohibitive, you really should consider it.

This is for SVN, I see no reason why they should support Git. If anything a Git UI should be a separate application, not part of cornerstone. Don't ruin the tool by making it do too much. There are already free UIs that are adequate for Git

Please make a git client. I bought Tower, but it's so very far from the quality of subversion!

• Sangchul Moon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've tried several existing Git GUI tools on my Mac, but nothing satisfies me. NOTHING... and I really miss Cornerstone that I used when I was involved in a project based on svn. Please support Git or make another new product for Git then I'll definitely buy it and recommend it to my co-workers

• JB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We recently migrated to git repos!.. I'm really going to miss this tool! R.I.P.. OR..... add GIT support.. prettyPlease :)

• Nikolay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Git support would be great. At my company our team is discussing about switching to Git but currently that means we need to buy another source control app or use the git CLI client which does not have the awesome diff and other features of Cornerstone.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being forced to GIT. But want the power the design team gets from Cornerstone.

• Leo Hochberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My team just switched from SVN to Git, and I've had to stop using cornerstone. Now suffering with generally bad git clients. I would buy Cornerstone Git on day 1! Your integrated diff/blame tool is truly the best I've used.

• drhufufur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The features that XCode 5 is adding seem to be drawing me toward Git. I can see how a combined Cornerstone client might not work. I wouldn't be against paying for a Git-only version..

• Bill Wellington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a dedicated Git client that is as awesome as Cornerstone 2 is for SVN. I love me some Cornerstone, but I am now using Git. :( Source Tree and Tower just don't cut it.

Please please please write a Git client. I will buy it.

• Steven Woolgar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the nature of the GPL Git, mayhaps you could look to libgit to insulate yourself from having to shell out to the command line tools like the other Git tools do.

Honestly, I think that Zenna-Ware has zero competition from Gitbox, Tower or SourceTree.

A Zenna-Ware treatment of Git would be fantastic.

• Pierre-David Bélanger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cornerstone should be only SVN.

SVN and GIT have different workflow. Cornerstone is good because it is simple and focus on one thing done right.

If you want GIT, try SourceTree (http://sourcetreeapp.com/), this is simply, and by far, the best Git frontend, and it's free.

I cannot live without Cornerstone (at work) and SourceTree (at home) now.

• amjad1233 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want GIT please, Or my stone will be in one corner by itself. Because all my SVN repos are in git now :-(

• gcombs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those suggesting Tower for Git ... well, I do use Tower for Git. However, It's no Cornerstone is it? Tower could be Cornerstone in three years ... Cornerstone could have Cornerstone Git in 1.5 years. I *need* Cornerstone Git right-freaking-now.

• JK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a new app for git!

Why? With Cornerstone I open it up, bap, bap, done. No need to drop to the shell unless I know I'm doing something odd with Subversion. The fact that its functionality is "obvious" makes it a pleasure to work with.

I've used Tower, SourceTree, and SmartGit. On every one of them (1) I still have to drop to the shell multiple times a day for simple stuff and (2) I switch between programs depending on what I want to do. Each has its strengths, but none encompasses git so completely the way that Cornerstone encompasses Subversion.

(Don't say get a clue and learn bash. I'm fluent with the command line,having started programming in the late '70s.)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base