I suggest you ...

Add changelist support

This is the most important missing feature for me. Though svn 1.5 implement them, this should not be a requirement for the GUI. A changelist (or commit set) consists of a unique (in working copy) title, a commit log, and a list of files. The existing changelists could be displayed in the left column, as a detail of a Working Copy. User could click changelists, and their files would be displayed in main window; user could add files/folders, from working copy, remove them; user could change commit log; user could delete changelists; user could commit changelists. That feature is very very helpful.

454 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    maninblue shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Adminzenna (Admin, Zennaware) responded  · 

We think Changelist support would be a great addition to Cornerstone’s feature set and it’s something we hope to introduce in the future.

For now I’ll leave the status for this unchanged, but we hope to be able to review it in the coming months.

Many thanks for voting on this.

Regards,

Lawrence

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jiji James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is unacceptable that a product that charges this much, lacks support for such an important feature, even free tools on other platform has this feature.

• Tim Knauf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sad to see that changelist support didn't make it in for Cornerstone 3. Shall we assume that it's not coming?

• Nick Heilmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was one of my favorite things about Perforce - not only being able to have files in different changelists, but even to shelve and unshelve those changelists in your working copy. I could do without the shelving if I could at least view multiple sets of files in changelists.

• Pierre-David Bélanger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How I see this feature working:

- be able to right click on modified file(s)/path(s), and chose "Add to change list ..." (that allows us to create/select a changelist)

- have a button in the working copie view, near Changed and Modified, that is called Change List, that will show the not current not commited changelists

- be able to right click a changelist, and then Commit

- have two new buttons in the commit view, one named Changes with the actual view and one named Change List, to be able to chose a changelist to commit from there

• Brandon Goodin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the official feedback. Truly is the best SVN client i've used. I look forward to changeset support.

• Brandon Goodin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to get some feedback from Zenna-ware. This suggestion has been around for almost 4 years now and is the second most desired feature suggestion. Is anyone reading this feedback?

• Cryptognome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Perforce fan I really miss this feature. We use Review Board to vet our changes, which requires a diff patch. After diffing I have to edit the patch file to remove anything I don't want to post -- tedious and error-prone. The ability to filter by changelist would make this a breeze.

• anchovyfritters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed it is useful. Often I have to modify 1 file and not check it in (not my limitation), and I certainly do not want to "ignore" the file, and it still needs to be in the repo. ie a config file. In p4, I would just put this "kinda ignore it" file into its own separate changelist and forget about it, so when I check my other stuff in, I will not have to remove it all the time. Good separation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base